Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spring Fever!

So today it was 63 degrees out! For the second time this week I was able to get a 30 mile ride in followed by a 5 mile run. My friend and I were so happy to be able to be doing a brick workout that didn't include the spin bike and dreadmill! Well since it's only been the second time on my bike since..well awhile..I thought I just was having a bad bike day, 5 miles into it I had no power. Half hour before the ride sugar was 117 so I had a banana and turned my basal to .15units/hr--about 1/2 hour into it sugar was 44-ate about 50 gms carbs 20 minutes later sugar is 59 ate another 25 gms carbs and finished with a sugar of 120. Second half of bike felt much stronger, it's amazing how your blood sugar affects everything. Before run I eat 2 handfuls (big handfuls) of chocolate chips, turn basal back to 0.7u finishing sugar 326! What did I learn, chocolate chips...not such a good idea!
16 days till I leave for Ragnar Relay and DTC camp, I feel like a kid counting down for Christmas!

3 comments:

Sean said...

Enjoy Ragnar, look forward to the stories when you all arrive in Tucson!

Steve Chop said...

Denise,
Did you participate in Ironman Lake Placid in 2007? I recall talking with some one who resembles you that year on the bike. Best Wishes at a Triabetes Captain, as it was a great experience bing part of this group in 08!
Steve Chop

denise said...

Hi Steve, Yes I did, I remember talking with someone with a pump also! Must have been you!
Denise