Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Water bottle saleman of the year!


So for those of you who don't know, the Triabetes Team is selling water bottles. I was so overly motivated at camp, that Myself and a few other teammates decided to sell 2 boxes(100) instead of opting for one(50). Well I had all this great ambition, but what I have found out is that I'm no salesman. I like to give and hate asking anything from anybody, even if it is for a good cause. So how many water bottles have I sold...I'm not even going to answer that one. I have given plenty of them to friends and family to sell for me, I guess the easy way out. But hey, I'm training for Ironman! Now here is the real surprise in the story, my Fred, who is a diesel mechanic, not a salesman or business person, sold 40!!! Who sells 40 water bottles, being a mechanic! I'm not surprised actually, he is good at whatever he puts his mind to, I'm the screw up in our family, and he's the wise, responsible one! To make me feel more like a loser, his boss told him to bring more into the shop and he'd sell them. Go Caterpillar!!!!

3 comments:

Anne Findlay said...

that is awesome. Hey I think I may be able to start selling some now. I'm like you, though--I think it makes me happier to give away than to sell.

denise said...

OK I'll get in touch with you!

Unknown said...

I've sold 3 so far - LOL. Excellent work Denise. The key isn't always to be a great salesman yourself, but to delegate the responsibility to those who are - and you did that perfectly!

You will make a great boss when you take over the hospital!