Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fraudulent Detox





Day 3 detox- So here how my workout goes, I wake up sugar 266 and I bolus 5 units cause I'm gonna eat 2 packages of oatmeal again before our 12 mile trail run. On my way to trail, accucheck says 299, I bolus 2 more units. DUMB MOVE! I don't know why I have this ridiculous behavior, I mean who takes 7u before running 12 miles. Yup, captain dumb dumb right here! I feel like I'm playing a video game and I'm the main character who just keeps getting destroyed by hitting the wrong buttons over and over. It was easier to exercise with high sugars!
Well I leave my basal off, mile 3 sugar is already 112, F---in great, it's gonna be another one of those runs, where I eat more calories than I burn. By mile 9 I have eaten 5 bags of sport beans, red,pink,orange, I'm popping them like tic tacs eating the rainbow, another 500 useless calories, at this rate I will keep Jelly Belly in business. I mean, I feel like a fraud, I'm supposed to be trying to detox off this crap and I'm forced to eat it during this run. Maybe I purposely sabotaged myself because I was going through withdrawal!!!!

On the bright side, it was a beautiful snowy day and we made the first footprints in the trail, I ran with a sugar between 80-128 the entire run and never felt low, I just kept pounding the jelly beans and life was good! We'll see what tomorrow brings!

2 comments:

agent nero said...

Just be sure to brush your teeth! Those sport beans will keep a dentist in business as well:)

jpnairn said...

Hey, Denise,
You did amazingly well to keep your blood sugar in range starting out that way with all of that insulin on board.
Way to go!