Saturday, December 6, 2008



So I'm on day 2 of detoxing off of candy! The morning after I wrote my last blog I frantically tried to erase my fat gut picture! I thought "Oh my gosh, did I have a sugar low when I posted that-what the hell was I thinking!" Well being the idiot I am with computers I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it. The proof of all the Halloween candy was staring right in front of me AND the rest of the world, there is no more denying it, it's time to get serious again. I nervously got on the scale, something I haven't done since October when all this self destruction with candy started.
SH--! 147lbs, I figure, I have nothing to hide from all of you, my dad always said "Pictures don't lie!" Although Ironman is a year away, the truth is I don't feel as good when I'm eating crap-and my sugars are all over the place, and my weight is out of control, so now 2 weeks before Christmas I will call it quits with the junk. A brilliant move on my part, as good as wearing my shirt backwards!
So today was a good numbers day-never did my sugar go above 211-and I ran the magical forest run again!--(that's what I call our 8.5mile trail)--Someday I'll explain.
When I woke up my sugar was 130 , I ate two packages of oatmeal(60 gms carbs) and bolused 3 units over an hour. I ran with half my basal 0.35u and ended with a sugar of 160! The same friend who I always run the trail with said today-"I think I like it better when your sugar is all over the place, I couldn't keep up!" Now that's what I call magical!








1 comment:

Ann said...

You are cracking me up! I found your log through Sean McKendry another triabetes member. He has offered to mentor my 11 y.o. son wo was diagnosed at age 7.

I love your honesty & look fwd to seeing how the candy detox continues... -Ann