Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just Be


As I was driving to the pool at 6am this morning I passed by the bagel shop where we often gather before a long bike ride during the summer months. For a moment, I wished I was back in one of those June mornings, hanging around with good friends getting ready to ride long on a hot summer day, instead of driving to the pool on a freezing cold morning! I find myself doing that alot, wishing for moments back that are far gone. Take today for example, I'm wishing it was the first of my 6 days off of work, instead of the first of my next 4 on. I guess I'm lucky that there are so many great moments in my life that I'd like to go back to, but I don't want to waste anymore energy living in the past. So today my New Year's resolution was born, to live more in the moment be grateful for now, great family, great friends, great health. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Reid said...

Wishing for the return of summer, huh? Me too! Its been pretty cold and if its not cold its raining. We had a year long drought which really spoiled me I guess. Drought is way over. Anyway, glad to hear you're kick'n some butt! I'm trying to go to the y every morning, but we fired the driver I've been blogging about in my online reality blog and I've been carrying his load. Makes getting all of the pulls done pretty impossible if I go to the gym...but I'm doing it anyway so I finish my days like now at 8:47 pm...but I feel so much better than I used to!!!
Have a Happy New Year...its beer:30!