Tuesday, December 2, 2008


BoldINTENTION: Performing an action for a specific purpose
December 2,2008 - 9:53am I have been up over 24 hours now, but I have intended to start this blog since I returned home from my first Triabetes weekend, now over a week ago. I will not go to sleep until this is started! Intentions sometimes get lost in life, we all have good ones most of the time, but can easily lose sight of what's important. Well let me start by saying that my intention this year was to take the year OFF from Ironman....but then, this amazing oppurtunity happened and I was chosen to be one of the Triabetes captains. My intentions changed quickly. How could I let an amazing adventure like this pass me by, so here I am, ready to dive in to another year of endless hours away from from my family, training, sweating, stinking, chafing, puking, yeah, you know all the glorious stuff that goes along with this sport. (I would'nt have it any other way.)
After meeting my Triabetes team last week, I already felt like I had a new family. Twenty something years on insulin and never have I ever been around a dinner table where 15 people pull out accuchecks--OH MY GOSH I THOUGHT- "I FOUND MY PEOPLE!" In a very short fun filled weekend I learned to love each one of them already, and can only imagine what this year will bring, and how much I will learn. (MAYBE I will even give up candy-one can dream, can't they?)
Well I'd love to write more, but my cgm is beeping 357-uh oh-maybe too many tootsie rolls, and I need to get some sleep before work again tonight. So my intention to start this blog is now complete, I hope you will follow myself and all the triabetes team captains on our journey to Ironman AZ 2009!
Because OUR intention is to complete 140.6 miles and although each one of us has our own individual purpose for finishing a race like this, I think we can all agree that the main purpose is to show other type 1's like the spirit of Ironman says "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"
GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

SueG said...

Denise, its your old buddy sue gomes,I just want to tell you-you amaze me! I just finished balling my eyes out after reading your blog( i doubt it's the hormones!) And if I wasn't almost 5 months pregnant i would sign up right now for another triathalon-oh how i wish i could right now! You are such an inspiration!
your friend,
sue